Fast & Simple Installation
Wall Mounting Instructions
- Locate a wall stud for each bracket such that when the heater is attached to the brackets they are spaced approximately 12" from heater end.
- Attach brackets to wall studs with wood screws provided, use template provided to mark screw locations depending upon type of ceiling.
- Attach back shield to brackets by tilting back shield back and allowing back shield slot to fall onto bracket hook then simply bring back shield forward locking into place.
- Hang front panel on back shield and complete wiring as directed.
- Secure front panel to back shield with painted screws and Teflon washers provided.
- Complete wiring as directed below.
- Attach end caps.
- Loosen the two outermost painted screws holding the painted front panel in place about one revolution (this is to allow for expansion).
- Do not "butt" heaters end to end.
- When the comfort cove is first energized, an initial break-in fragrance may be noticed - this is normal.
Heating Installation Instructions
- Do not recess cove heaters.
- Shut off electric current to circuit on which you are working.
- Make certain all wiring is in accordance with local codes and units are grounded.
- Check voltage rating of heater to make certain it is the same as supply voltage.
- Never install heater without supplied wall brackets.
- Maintain one inch clearance below heater and any fabric.
- Heater should not be blocked in any manner.
- Do not paint heater in any manner.
- Do not mount closer than 4 1/2" from false ceilings, vinyl ceilings and plastic moldings.
- Do not use plastic conduits for direct connection to comfort cove.
- Allow 1" clearance between heaters - do not "butt" end to end.
Have a question? Factory direct line 1-800-314-9303.